Global Arts Language Arts Culture Tradition Indigenous Communities

Friday, July 13, 2018

2018 

Perhaps my group started the week a bit too seriously.  We seemed to be losing students interest the first couple of days.  We needed to lay a good foundation of information about human trafficking in order to proceed with the week's activities but in retrospect I might have added some more active learning components.  My mindset was as a classroom teacher imparting information that would be needed to successfully pass a test rather than approaching the experience in a more "fun" way. By Wednesday we seemed to get students in a groove that sparked their interest.  From there, they took off on activities for Friday's presentation.  I really look forward to Friday's display and presentation.  I think it is one that students will be very proud of. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Teresa,

    I feel like we did the same thing in our group. It's difficult to see past the disseminating of information to get to the activity and project work of the week. If I were to be given the opportunity to participate again, I think I would restructure the week differently. Maybe, thinking small instead of big in terms of topic exploration? Or give a topic and let them explore it into their own subtopics more? I don't know exactly how it would look. I can say though, that I am right there with you! I fear that we shared a lot of "content" on the first few days, but seeing the students work on projects yesterday made me realize how important that time and space was for them to express themselves.

    ReplyDelete